IFIP mission is, among others :
• to plan courses of action on issues of international significance,
• to promote international co-operation in a free environment between individuals, national and international governmental bodies,
• to pay special attention to the needs of developing countries,
• to promote professionalism, incorporating high standards of ethics and conduct, among all IT practitioners,
• to provide a forum for assessing the social consequences of IT applications and to campaign for the safe and beneficial development and use of IT and the protection of people from abuse through its improper application,
• to contribute to the formulation of the education and training needed by IT practitioners, users and the public at large.
IFIP links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry, organized in more than 101 Working Groups reporting to 13 Technical Committees, sponsors 100 highest quality international events, and the publication of some 30 new books annually that are distributed worldwide.